One of the best ways to treat your food blog more like a business is to outsource the things that take you too much time or are not your biggest strengths! But outsourcing can often seem daunting or expensive. In this episode, I’m sharing some unusual ways you can outsource different parts of your food blog to free up more time to work on the parts you love and to spend more time as the CEO of your business.
I was recently talking to a friend about outsourcing parts of your food blog and we started chatting about some of the unique ways you can outsource parts of a food blog specifically. I realized I’ve talked about outsourcing in the past, but in a more general sense.
I want to encourage you to think creatively about the ways you can outsource various parts of your blog. Food blogging is unique to so many industries because there are SO many different parts and roles in your business. In one day you might go from being an administrative assistant, to a recipe developer, food photographer, writer, SEO expert, web designer, and marketing coordinator. And that doesn’t even scratch the surface of the tasks that are required to run a food blog.
Past Episodes on Outsourcing:
- Building Your Website Team with Andrew Wilder
- Start Thinking Like the CEO of Your Food Blog
- Which Position to Hire First with Emily Perron
- Lessons from Managing a Team and Two Food Blogs with Christine Pittman
Let’s chat through some creative and unique ways you might outsource different parts of your food blog!
Ways to Outsource Photography
There are a variety of ways you can outsource photography from hiring a photographer to purchasing stock photos.
- Hire a food photographer
- Purchase an exclusive set of recipe photos
- Purchase a semi-exclusive set of photos
- Hire a photo assistant
- Hire a photo editor
- Hire a food stylist
- Videography (shooting OR editing)
Ways to Outsource Marketing
- Use a virtual assistant to post on social media for you
- Hire a marketing manager to coordinate different accounts
- Hire an intern to post content and engage on social media
- Hire a Pinterest marketing manager (Check out Episode 77 with Kate Ahl from Simple Pin Media)
Ways to Outsource At Home
- House manager
- Cleaning service
- In person assistant (to help with photo shoots, dish clean up afterwards, running errands, grocery store pickups etc.)
- Instacart/grocery delivery service
- Other tasks around the house (laundry, yard clean up, pest control, pet waste pickup)
Other Creative Ways to Outsource for a Food Blog
- Recipe development
- Blog manager
- Keyword research
- SEO expert (see Episode 81 with Ty Kilgore)
- Brand strategy
- Web design/development
- Admin assistant (manage your inbox, reply to comments on blog/social media)
- Brand manager (pitch brands for sponsored work)
Leave a Comment