Everyone seems to have this goal of qualifying for ads, but at the end of the day that is not the end of your food blogging journey. In fact, it is very much just the beginning, because after you qualify for ads you have the opportunity to really start leveling up your goals and what you are trying to do with your food blog! As you begin to think about where to go from here, I recommend putting these next steps on your list!
Focus on Building Your Brand
- Create personal connections with your audience through whatever platform you are most comfortable with. For me, this is my email list for my blog. I don’t regularly use social media for my food blog beyond having my VA schedule some posts, so my story telling and connecting with the audience is on my email list.
- Make sure your niche is clear to your audience! Defining your niche and making it very obvious on your blog can make all the difference when it comes converting random one-time visitors, to regular readers. If you are really struggling with your niche and how to help your audience, our branding intensive package could be a great option for you!
Focus on Building Your Email List
- If you don’t already have a freebie and welcome sequence for your email list, work on that!
- Set a goal for how often you want to email your list and stick to it. Just like you needed to be consistent in publishing blog posts in order to grow your organic traffic and qualify for ads, you also want to be consistent with when and how often you are emailing.
- If you could use some help taking your email list to the next level, one of the add-ons we offer for our Crafted website package focuses on email marketing! We can help you line up everything you need for focusing on email marketing growth and delivering great content to your email list through your newsletters.
Focus on Creating Excellent Content (and Updating It!)
- Maintain a level of consistency! Once you hit the threshold for ads, sometimes you can pull back a little from the hustle mode you were on to ONLY create content that would drive organic traffic. But you still want to make sure you are maintaining the standard level of content you were before.
Looking for More Tangible Steps?
I have created a brand new Ecourse that I am offering that really dives into these foundational pieces of what to do to scale and grow beyond ads! If you are looking for tangible steps to level up blog, subscribe to my Blogger Playbook today!
ready to take your food blog to the next level?
We work with food bloggers looking to stand out of the crowd through custom brand and website design.