If you’re a food blogger, the term “recipe index” is probably something you hear at least 17 times a day, let’s be honest. How important is it to have one though? And are there some ways to customize it that are better than others? This episode sprint will walk you through whether you need one, how to customize it and how you can use web design to highlight your best content, without always having to worry about your recipe index being front and center. Binge and enjoy, friends!
Episode 30 – How to Customize Your Recipe Index
- We know that just having a list of all your recipes on one page is not the same thing as having a recipe index. And if you have just this “list” on your homepage, visitors to your page will more than likely feel super overwhelmed with all the information they are being bombarded with. Listen to this episode to learn about 4 ways you can customize your recipe index while providing an incredible user experience for your readers.
- How to Customize Your Recipe Index – Listen here!
Episode 124 – Using Web Design to Highlight Your Best Content
- First impressions count. A lot. When you use web design strategically to highlight the best of your content, you will easily show your ideal readers that they came to the right site. This episode goes over different ways to showcase your best content. Spoiler alert: your best content is not just your recipes!
- Using Web Design to Highlight Your Best Content – Listen here!
Episode 125 – Do You Need a Recipe Index?
- Perhaps this is the million dollar question, am I right? In this episode I go over the differences between a recipe index, a homepage, and category pages. Find all the tips here for your recipe index doubts, from how many categories to have and all the in betweens.
- Do You Need a Recipe Index?– Listen here!
Wondering what you need on your homepage for the BEST kind of first impression? Check out my freebie, 8 Things You Need on Your Homepage!
Check out my episode on organizing your blog categories for more!