If you’ve ever felt like your website lacked a visual cohesiveness, you were scrambling for images to post on social media or you’ve felt like
When I began rebuilding my own website, a funny thing happened. I had my logo designed, my copy written, my color scheme throughout my website, and yet there was something missing.
My website lacked a visual cohesiveness throughout the pages. What I was missing
Stock Images vs. Brand Photography
There are basically three ways you can go about getting high quality images for your website and social media use.
- Use free stock images from a site like Unsplash.com
- Invest in paid stock images
- Hire a brand photographer
The problem with stock images is that they’re easily accessible to anyone and they aren’t always on brand.
It can also get expensive to invest in a monthly subscription for stock images.
When you want gorgeous images that are designed JUST for your brand, you want to work with a brand photographer.
What are brand photos used for?
If you’ve ever needed images for blog posts, email blasts, social media posts, Pinterest, etc., brand photography is your new best friend.
If you’ve ever stared at your Instagram wondering what to share, working with a brand photographer to create a library of personal brand photos can be a game changer for you.
Brand photography can be used for:
- Website Images
- Landing Page Images
- Social Media Posts
- Pinterest Graphics
- Business Cards
- Thank You Cards
Much like branding is the foundation of your business and helps you to not reinvent the wheel every time you need something designed for your business, having brand photography in place will help you
Let me introduce you to my friend, Becca Blake. She is a brand photographer and
The experience was SO fun and I loved getting to see all of the images together.
At the time, Becca wasn’t offering
I can’t even tell you how amazing it is to always have a library of images to pull from when I need to share something on social media or create a new page for my website.
I never have to go searching for images because I have a huge set of them that all are on brand for me!
If you’re wondering how long a set of brand photographs might last you… well I’ve been using this set for almost three years now 😉 It may be time for some more soon, but they’ve been perfect for me so far!
When I have worked with clients who have invested
I pulled a section of a blog post from Becca about working with a brand photographer, because I 100% can stand by all of the benefits she mentioned about working with a brand photographer:
- Get an entire library full of custom photos that showcase your brand in it’s
- Enhance your brand with custom images that reflect your values, passions
- Strengthen your brand’s “Know, Like & Trust” factor by being able to show up consistently
- Connect with your audience authentically and attract more ideal clients
- Strengthen your positioning as an expert and increase overall conversions
- Quit worrying about your visual content so you can get back to doing what you love!
The three biggest components of your web presence are going to be your website, the words you use and the images you use. But honestly, without great images and the proper words, a website can fall short of being a strategic, business building tool.
Especially if you find yourself feeling frustrated that you don’t have the imagery you need on social media or your website, working with a brand photographer like Becca can be a game changer for you!
Catch up on the rest of the series:
- Why Branding Matters in Brand Photography
- How to Build a Strong Brand
- Why Brand Photography is Important for Your
- How to Boost Your Business with Brand Photography