It can sometimes feel like having a niche could put you in a box or limit your creativity as a food blogger. But what if it was the key to opening up a flood of ideas and opportunities for your business? Today I’m chatting with a food blogger who accidentally fell into a niche that has led to selling thousands of cookbooks and led to millions of people making her very specialized recipes.
In this episode, we cover:
- Can you share a little bit about your blogging journey?
- Let’s talk about how you discovered your niche. When we worked on your website, you came up with the phrase “the accidental hunter’s wife” to describe yourself. In a lot of ways, you fell into a niche accidentally. Can you share about how that happened?
- A really good way to get noticed is by niching down.
- Having a niche is like being on Chopped – you have a few ingredients to work with.
- What advice would you give someone who’s trying to figure out if they have a niche or need to keep digging in to figure it out?
- Can you share how you handled your website design work in the past?
- How did you know it was time to invest in a custom website?
- Even though it hasn’t been very long since we launched I know you’ve already heard a lot of feedback from your readers about the website, what have they been saying?
- What was your biggest challenge in the redesign process?
Allie Doran is a bestselling cookbook, author, TV personality and the creator of Miss Allie’s Kitchen, a food blog dedicated to creating approachable and elevated wild game and comfort food meals. Allie is a proud wife and mom and lives in Pottsville, PA.
Leave a Comment